Five Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the Food Bank of Corpus Christi? We are a 501 (c)(3) non profit organization that provides food to a network of more than 144 agency partners such as food pantries, shelters, senior centers, and feeding agencies in 11 counties through out South Texas. In addition, the Food Bank of Corpus Christi offers several direct-service programs such as the Kids Cafe, Backpack Program, Diabetes Program, and Mobile Pantries.
- Can I get food directly from the Food Bank of Corpus Christi? No. The food bank is a warehouse that collects and distributes food to the charities such as food pantries or shelters. The agencies will then provide the clients with food and supplies within their zip code coverage area or county.
- How does the food bank get food? We get our food donated from local and regional producers, growers, distributors, and retailers. National food donations also come to the Food Bank of Corpus Christi via Feeding America, which is the nation’s leading domestic hunger relief charity.
- How is the food distributed? Food arrives at the food bank and is inspected, sorted, labeled and stored at the warehouse for repacking and distribution. The Food Bank of Corpus Christi then delivers to the agencies directly or prepares the agencies order for pick up.
- Where is the Food Bank of Corpus Christi located and what are the hours of operation? We are located at 826 Krill St., off of Navigation behind the Days Inn. The hours of operation are Mon-Fri from 8:00 am till 4:30 pm. If you need further directions or have any further question we can be contacted at 361-887-6291.
- If you need assistance, please call 361-887-6291 for the location and hours of service of an agency located in your neighborhood.